“We only have so many hours in the day and you gotta make a living, so you might as well have fun while you’re doing it.”
Kelsey Aida is an inspirational blogger, author, makeup artist, and hair stylist. This gal knows how to prioritize, and keeps it real.
I was first told about Kelsey’s blog through a mutual friend. I absolutely love reading her blog posts on manifestation, affirmations, and all things spirituality. ✨
In this episode, Kelsey shares how she transformed her life after battling with dysthymia depression in high school for three years. Instead of going to university, she went to beauty school and shares her experience in the industry and why she wrote an entire book (#ActuallyICan) on the power of positive affirmations.
Her story shows how you can turn around your life and truly win at life by noticing and changing your thoughts!
Some Questions Asked:
- What kind of self-improvement books were you first introduced to?
- Who is someone or what is something you manifested in your life?
- What was the process of writing your book, #ActuallyICan?
- Why did you decide to self-publish?
- How do you stay productive and prioritize all your passions?
What You Will Learn:
- Her experience with dysthymia depression and how it began
- What first pulled her out of depression and the exact thought she changed
- How positive affirmations can actually work for us (and what we could be doing wrong!)
- Why she made the decision to not attend a 4-year university
- The most satisfying part of doing someone’s makeup and hair, and how her passion in self-improvement intertwines
- Plus much more!
Resources + People Mentioned:
Follow Kelsey Aida:
Share your breakthroughs + reactions to this episode below!
Podcast Music Credit: Running by Jens East (ft. Elske)
Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links. Thank you for supporting me.